What's Advent all about?
Advent is a time of...Waiting...Hope...Anticipation...Preparation...Prayerfulness...Repentance
Here are some online explanations...
Ideas to help with your Advent Journey
- Infancy Narratives Bible Study- 3 week study with Father John Baab. Begins Mon. Dec. 3 at 7 pm or Wed. Dec. 5 at 10 am. More Info.
- Christmas Concert: Sunday, December 16 at 3 pm
- Parish Reconciliation : Wednesday, December 12 at 7 pm
- Children's Journey to Bethlehem: Wednesday, December 19 at 4:30 pm or 6:30 pm
Individual and Family Activities
- Pick up a Little Blue Book of Advent Reflections in the Commons. Available 11/24-11/25 while supplies last.
- Setup an Advent Wreath on the family table. Two Resources: How to make an Advent wreath video and Prayers for lighting each candle
- Subscribe to one of the following online reflections:
- Do something nice for someone else
- Visit a nursing home
- Buy a present from the Giving Tree
- Bring in food for the Holiday baskets
Other Resources and Info:
Be inspired this Advent through prayer or music
Advent videos 3 minutes or less from Catholic Digest:
Fun Activities for Individuals and Families
(Resources prepared by Deborah Stollery, Conspirita Consulting Network, LLC email@example.com)