If you are new to our parish or to our Religious Formation programs and are interested in enrolling you child in our sacramental preparation program, please contact us.
Kim Kennedy 757-495-1886 x426 or Janet Jones 757-495-1886 x423.
Our sacramental programs are based on these principles:
- Parents are the primary teachers of their children.
- Sacraments are gifts of grace.
- Sacramental catechesis can help invigorate the faith participation of families
- All learning of faith seeks to draw persons into deeper communion with Christ and his Church.
As such, we partner with parents and families to prepare for the celebration of the sacraments.
Children eligible to begin sacramental preparation must be:
- At least 7 years old
- Enrolled in Religious Formation classes as well as Sacramental Preparation Classes
- Attend Saturday half-day retreat prior to celebration of sacrament
Parent(s): Must attend 5 parent meetings offered during Religious Formation timeframes
* Proof of Baptism is required. If your child is 7 years old or older and has not celebrated the sacrament of Baptism, additional formation will be necessary to prepare child to celebrate both Baptism and First Holy Communion. Please contact us. Kim Kennedy 757-495-1886 x426 or Janet Jones 757-495-1886 x423.