A reservation is required to attend Mass in person at Church of the Ascension
Weekend Mass Schedule
Sunday 9:00am and 11:30am (*9:00am Mass is in-person and livestreamed; the 11:30am Mass is in-person only)
Children's Liturgy & Nursery are suspended
Low-Gluten Hosts are available, see Sacristan prior to Mass
Weekday Mass Schedule
Monday no Mass
Tuesday - Friday 9:15am
First Friday Adoration Immediately following 9:15am Mass for 1 hour in the Sanctuary (July 3, August 7, September 4)
A reservation and attendance at the 9:15am Mass is required to attend all or part of Adoration.
Saturdays 10am - Noon with proper social distancing
Holy Days of Obligation
Holy days of obligation are days set aside by the Church when the faithful attend Mass.
- January 1st – Mary, Mother of God
- Seventh Sunday of Easter – Ascension of Our Lord*
- August 15th – Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- November 1st – All Saints
- December 8th – Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- December 25th – Nativity of Our Lord Jesus Christ
By decision of the United States Conference of Bishops and confirmation by the Holy See, whenever the Solemnities of Mary, Mother of God (January 1), the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (August 15), or All Saints (November 1) fall on a Saturday or a Monday, the obligation to attend Mass is lifted.
* In the Province of Baltimore, which includes the Diocese of Richmond, the Ascension of the Lord is transferred from Thursday of the Sixth Week of Easter to the Seventh Sunday of Easter.
Excerpt from the Diocese of Richmond