I love you and I am inviting you to show gratitude, love God
Thoughts to ponder about Gratitude:
"If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough." Meister Eckhart
"Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder." G. K. Chesterton
"To follow God's law, begin with gratitude." Pope Francis
Follow the voice of the Spirit. Don't deprive yourself to make a difference to the people you meet in your life.
Gratitude turns what we have into enough.
"Grumbling and gratitude are, for the child of God, in conflict. Be grateful and you won't grumble. Grumble and you won't be grateful." Billy Graham
Heavenly Father, you have given me so much: my life, the air I breathe, all the things that I need to live and thrive in this world. You have also given me the gift of your Son and your grace that brings me to eternal life with you. I am yours and with that I say thank you.
Loving Jesus, you are the perfect example of showing gratitude to our Father. Help me to express my gratitude by loving you and by serving my neighbors every moment of each precious day. Forgive me when I am
ungrateful for the crosses in my life.
Holy Spirit, guide me every day to show my gratitude to God. Give my soul the courage to always be grateful.
We proclaim in this place, in this parish, Jesus is alive, welcoming the lost and leading us all to lives of merciful compassion. We ask this through Christ our Lord, who lives, and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit as one God, Forever and ever Amen.
Questions for Reflection:
Reflect on your life...how much has God done for you?
Did you thank God for His gift of the sunrise today?
What are you most grateful for right now?
How will I resolve to show a spirit of gratitude to someone today?
Thoughts for Reflection:
Gift is defined as a natural ability or talent in the dictionary. Synonyms include talent, flair, aptitude, ability, expertise,
What does Scripture say about Gratitude?
- We THANK you, God, we give THANKS; we call upon your name, declare your wonderful deeds... (Psalm 75:2)
- Let them THANK the LORD for such kindness, such wondrous deeds for mere mortals. (Psalm 107: 15)
- He saved me from evil of every kind and preserved me in time of trouble. For this reason I THANK him and I praise him; I bless the name of the LORD. (Sirach 51:12)
- …giving THANKS always and for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God the Father. (Ephesians 5:20)
- …and whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving THANKS to God the Father through him. (Colossians 3: 17)
- In all circumstances give THANKS, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.( 1 Thessalonians 5: 18)
- Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with THANKSGIVING, make your requests known to God. (Philippians 4:6)
- Persevere in prayer, being watchful in it with THANKSGIVING; (Colossians 4:2)
Reflect on these scriptures. Is there one that speaks to you more than another? Spend time with God dialoging about it.
The Psalmist asks: “How can I repay the LORD for all the great good done for me?” (Psalm 116: 12) We can never repay God. He does not want repayment. He’s given us all we have including our life as a free gift. Yet recognizing all that He has done leads us to say “Thank you, Lord!” As Meister Eckhart says: “if the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.”