Welcome to Church of the Ascension
Virginia Beach, Virginia
An open assembly of Catholic believers
of the Diocese of Richmond
* Proclaiming the Word of God * Celebrating the Eucharist * Serving the local Community *
Sunday 8:45am, 10:30am & 12:15pm
Children's Liturgy & Nursery at 8:45am & 10:30am
Weekday Mass Schedule:
Monday, Wednesday - Friday 9:15am
Gluten Free Host now available, see Sacristan prior to Mass.
Reconciliation: Saturday 4:30pm
First Friday Eucharistic Adoration 10:00am to 6:00pm in Chapel
Mon through Thur: 9:30am - 4pm
Fri: 9:30am - 1pm
Mon through Fri: 10:00am - 12:00pm
Social Ministry Office and Food Pantry is located around the back of the church under a bright blue awning. Financial Assistance by appointment only. Call: 495-1886, 414.
- Rev. Daniel Malingumu, Pastor
- Rev. John Baab, Parochial Vicar
- Don Poole, Pastoral Council Chairman
- Deacon Gary Harmeyer, Deacon
- Deacon Jim Ahearn, Deacon
- Deacon Tom McFeely, Deacon
- Diane Nestor, Minister of Music
- Joanne Webb, Parish Secretary
- Christine Chambers, Communications Specialist
- Janet Jones, Director of Religious Education
- Kathy Ahearn, Religious Ed Leader/Admin Assistant
- Mary Bergen-Bish, Coordinator of Religious Formation K-8
- Travis Hayes, Youth and Young Adult Minister
- Ruth Brogan, Director of Social Justice
- Cindy O'Connor, Administrative Assistant, Social Justice
- Marie Thompson, Minister of Social Justice
- Lisa Liedl, Director of Administration
Current Ministry Handbook
Tuesday Night Bible Study with Deacon Jim Ahearn
7:30pm (following the 7:00pm Mass) in the Library
Ladies Auxiliary College Scholarship applications due February 21 Download application here
You're Worth It! Women's Retreat, February 23, 9am - 3pm
featuring author Danielle Bean
Co-hosted by & held at St. Mark's (1505 Kempsville Rd)
Register online or contact Janet Jones (495-1886, 423)
International Dinner, February 23 at 6:30pm in the ACC. See our flyer for more information.
RISE 30 day Lenten Challenge for Men kickoff meeting on Sunday, March 3 at 11:45 in the Conference Room. Challenge begins March 6. Register online or email Deacon Jim Ahearn
Spring Craft Show May 4-->9am to 3pm, May 5-->9am to 2pm. Download vendor application here
Responding to God's Invitation
Weekly Bulletin, Fliers & Monthly Bulletin Inserts
Bulletin submissions and flyer inserts should be sent to Joanne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for consideration for inclusion is Friday at 10am, one week prior to the bulletin date (i.e., for bulletin dated February 24, submissions must be received by Friday, February 15).
Monthly Inserts are published on the first weekend of each month. Submissions should be sent to Christine at email@example.com. Deadline for consideration is Friday at 10am, one week prior to the first Saturday of each month.
Deadlines may be impacted by holiday closures of the Parish Office and/or our publisher; contact Joanne to ensure submissions are received in time for publication.
International Dinner flyer -- February 23, 2019