Welcome to Church of the Ascension
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Mission Statement: An open assembly of Catholic believers of the Diocese of Richmond
* Proclaiming the Word of God * Celebrating the Eucharist *
* Serving the local Community *
Sunday 8:45am and 10:30am 12:15pm
(Nursery available/Children's Liturgy @ 8:45am & 10:30am)
Gluten Free Host now available, see Sacristan prior to Mass.
Reconciliation: Saturday 4:30pm
First Friday Eucharistic Adoration 10:00am to 6:00pm in Chapel
Please Help Us Improve Ascension's Website
The Communications Committee needs your help! We want to make sure our website is providing you with the information you need and want. Please take a few minutes to complete this survey by clicking on the link below.
Mon, through Thur: 9:30am - 4pm
Fri: 9:30am - 1pm
Mon. through Fri: 10:00am-12:00pm
Social Ministry Office and Food Pantry is located in the back of church, building with blue awning. Financial Assistance by appointment only. Call: 495-1886, 414.
- Rev. Daniel Malingumu, Pastor
- Dale Minich, Pastoral Council Chairman
- Deacon Gary Harmeyer, Deacon
- Deacon Tom McFeely, Deacon
- Diane Nestor, Minister of Music
- Joanne Webb, Parish Secretary
- Janet Jones, Director of Religious Education
- Kathy Ahearn, Administrative Assistant, Religious Ed
- Travis Hayes, Youth and Young Adult Minister
- Mary Bergen-Bish, Coordinator of Religious Formation K-8
- Ruth Brogan, Director of Social Justice
- Christine Chambers, Minister of Social Justice
- Cindy O'Connor, Administrative Assistant, Social Justice
- Marie Thompson, Minister of Social Justice
- Lisa Liedl, Director of Administration
- Mike Bromley, IT/Environmental
Shorttakes - Current Events
Participate in Our Mission! See weekly bulletin inserts
- Children's Liturgy of the Word for children 4 years to 3rd grade at the 8:45am and 10:30am Masses
Weekly Bulletin, Flyers & Monthly Bulletin Inserts
Bulletin submissions should be sent to Joanne at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadlines for consideration for weekly bulletin information and flyer inserts are Friday 10am a week prior to the bulletin date (ie bulletin date May 13/14, submission must be received by Friday May 5, 2017. Deadline for submissions to be considered for the Monthly Insert are due one week prior to the first Saturday of each month.
Ascension Youth, Let Your Voice be Heard!
The Vatican has released an online questionnaire to better understand the lives, attitudes and concerns of 16 to 29 year olds around the world, in preparation for the Synod of Bishops on Youth in 2018. For more information click here.