Welcome to Church of the Ascension
Virginia Beach, Virginia
An open assembly of Catholic believers of the Diocese of Richmond
* Proclaiming the Word of God
* Celebrating the Eucharist *
* Serving the local Community *
Pope Francis Appoints New Bishop for Diocese of Richmond
The Diocese or Richmond announces the Holy Father, Pope Francis, appointed the Most Reverend Barry C. Knestout, Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Washington, as the thirteenth bishop of Richmond. The Mass of Installation will be celebrated at 2 p.m. Jan. 12, 2018, at the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart in Richmond.
More information can be found on the Diocese of Richmond website: www.richmonddiocese.org.
Sunday 8:45am and 10:30am 12:15pm
(Nursery available/Children's Liturgy @ 8:45am & 10:30am)
Gluten Free Host now available, see Sacristan prior to Mass.
Reconciliation: Saturday 4:30pm
First Friday Eucharistic Adoration 10:00am to 6:00pm in Chapel
Mon, through Thur: 9:30am - 4pm
Fri: 9:30am - 1pm
Mon. through Fri: 10:00am-12:00pm
Social Ministry Office and Food Pantry is located in the back of church, building with blue awning. Financial Assistance by appointment only. Call: 495-1886, 414.
- Rev. Daniel Malingumu, Pastor
- Dale Minich, Pastoral Council Chairman
- Deacon Gary Harmeyer, Deacon
- Deacon Tom McFeely, Deacon
- Diane Nestor, Minister of Music
- Joanne Webb, Parish Secretary
- Janet Jones, Director of Religious Education
- Kathy Ahearn, Administrative Assistant, Religious Ed
- Travis Hayes, Youth and Young Adult Minister
- Mary Bergen-Bish, Coordinator of Religious Formation K-8
- Ruth Brogan, Director of Social Justice
- Christine Chambers, Minister of Social Justice
- Cindy O'Connor, Administrative Assistant, Social Justice
- Marie Thompson, Minister of Social Justice
- Lisa Liedl, Director of Administration
- Mike Bromley, IT/Environmental
Weekly Bulletin, Flyers & Monthly Bulletin Inserts
Bulletin submissions should be sent to Joanne at email@example.com. Deadlines for consideration for weekly bulletin information and flyer inserts are Friday 10am a week prior to the bulletin date (ie bulletin date May 13/14, submission must be received by Friday May 5, 2017. Deadline for submissions to be considered for the Monthly Insert are due one week prior to the first Saturday of each month.
Shorttakes - Current Events
- Encountering God's Presence - January - The Mass
Spaghetti Dinner January 20, 2018 with music by Fond Memories, tickets on sale beginning January 6, 2018
Please Help Us Improve Ascension's Website
The Communications Committee needs your help! We want to make sure our website is providing you with the information you need and want. Please take a few minutes to complete this survey by clicking on the link below.